Tuesday, July 10, 2007

MCUSA Convention Week










This past week we went with the FMC MYF to California for the MCUSA Youth Convention. We had a great time and feel blessed to know such a great group of youth. Before the convention we did a bit of sight seeing. Noah did really well with the flights and time change etc. He only fussed once on one of the flights out and then the rest of the travel time he was fine. I made sure to feed him during take off and landing and I think that helped. I also think he adapted to the time change once in CA better than we did. Coming home has been a bit more of a struggle (he wants to go to bed at 10:30 pm now instead of 8:30) but we trust that will work itself out soon. He really had fun hanging with his grandparents at the conference while we were with the youth (thanks grandparents!!!). And he loved the extra attention he got from the MYF. They were great with him. This really was a good age to travel with a baby. I would recommend it if you have a little one and are planning to go somewhere sometime. In the pix: group pic before leaving, Noah on his first plane ride, Jon and Noah ready for a day of sight seeing, Jon and Noah at Alcatraz, the view of the bridge from Alcatraz, group pic at Muir Woods, beach on coast where we saw seals, our family at the beach, Jon and Noah at the beach, Noah meets friend Owen Gerber at convention, our group hanging out one evening in the hall, worhsip, Nate and Vanessa play with Noah, Mommy and Noah are pooped after a long week.

2 comments:

LUCAS said...

Great blog, guys. Tara and I are doing well and by the looks of it, so are you guys.

I created a blog earlier, as well, but it's more of a ramble of things that highlight all the joys and frustrations with being a new father. You're welcome to view it here:

http://adventuresinbabygrowing.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you guys soon.

Love,
Lucas

beth said...

I'm so glad you feel good about your week and are home safely. I thought a lot about you, knowing you were making this big trip with such a little guy.

We'd love to see you all again soon. THe pool is open and lovely. Noah would love it. Give us a call when you have time on a visit.
Beth