This Thanksgiving we went to Chicago with Schrocks to celebrate Tom's 60th birthday. We stayed at a hotel downtown and just had fun eating out and spending time together. We walked the Mag Mile several times, but I don't think any of us bought a single thing. It was just fun to see the lights and sights and realize that, yes, while there are some material things I would like to have, there are also a lot of things out there that I really don't need or want. I remarked to Jon that I'm glad we live in a world and run in a crowd that doesn't make me feel like I need a new, designer, whatever each year. Anyway, we had a great time and came back feeling relaxed and...well, sick. Noah got a fever on Monday morning and was home Monday and Tuesday. It put my week in chaos, but thanks to my mom stepping in and doing some emergency childcare on Tuesday, we survived.
Jon and Noah take on Michigan Ave. Jon looks surprised or mad or blinded or constipated...I'm not sure which.


Below: Noah plays Monopoly with the big boys.

Playing with Uncle Matt.

Learning how to ride an escalator with Grandma Ruth. Noah loved it and couldn't get enough of escalators all over town.
No comments:
Post a Comment