
Then Christmas morning Jon and Noah cooked breakfast. I set the table and poured the OJ and coffee. Noah wanted pancakes so that's what he got.

Then we went downstairs to open gifts. Jon and I had the great idea to buy ourselves our Christmas gift and wrap it up saying it was from our loving spouse. Then on Christmas morning the surprise would not be for the one receiving the gift (he or she would know and have exactly what he/she wanted). The surprise would be for the one who "gave" the gift. It was hilarious to see what we each bought. Jon bought a Carhardt (sp) coat, overalls and boots to be outside in the cold shoveling or blowing snow. Here he is in his outfit.

I got myself a hair straightener. We just laughed at how practical and unexciting these gifts were.

Noah fared much better. He got a tool set, a school bus with people in it, a book, and Daddy's boots to try on. It really was a lovely morning together just opening gifts, playing together, sipping hot cocoa and watching the snow fall--it really was quite wonderful.



1 comment:
Your pics are great! Glad you guys had such a great Christmas! I absolutely love the pic of Noah in Jon's boots! Altho I did totally crack up at the pic of Jon in his outfit!
Post a Comment