Here is a hilarious video of Noah dancing for Anna. He does this and it just makes her laugh so much and that just fuels him to do it even more. We are having so much fun with these kids lately. I feel like we've finally sort of made it through those sleep deprived months and now have two kids who are sleeping through the night and who are fun and interactive during the day. Don't get me wrong, they're not perfect or anything, but it does feel like we've had a bit of a paradigm shift in our family (from hunker down survival mode --> resurfacing, enjoying life more mode).
Here's Noah dancing:
Here are some things that I've noticed lateley which indicate to me that I'm resurfacing from those intense first few months with a newborn:
-I changed my ear rings (for the first 6 months of Anna's life I just wore the same pair of studs day and night)
-I started and finished 3 movies without falling asleep during any of them.
-I started and finished 1 novel ("Expecting Adam" which is quite possibly the most captivating book that I've read in the past 10 years. It's a story about a woman expecting a child with Down Syndrome and all the amazing paranormal/God things she experiences while she is carrying Adam)
-the kids nap at the same time in the afternoon
-Jon and I went out on a date "just for fun" the other day rather than going out only for big events like an anniversary or birthday
-I make coffee in the morning at home because I believe it to be true that I will get a chance to drink the whole cup.
2 comments:
So glad to hear that you guys finally are enjoying life more with both of your adorable kiddos!!!
Expecting Adam is one of my favorite all time books! I'm glad that life is getting easier - I remember when that time arrived for us too! I was like, "Oh, two kids CAN be fun!" :)
Post a Comment