I could not be happier that Anna is two. She talks a blue streak. She puts on her own clothes. She reads to herself. She feeds herself. She sleeps all night. She sits quietly beside us through the first part of church. She goes to children's time on her own. She is showing interest in using the potty. She doesn't have to be carried everywhere. She can go on long car rides and not cry at all.
But it's more than the fact that she's easier to care for than she used to be. I just love that she can tell me her feelings, thoughts, ideas, preferences. She can dance with me and tell "knock, knock" jokes. She can chase me around the house and hide to be funny when she knows I'm coming to find her. We can watch movies together and make cookies together. We can go sledding and make snow angels together. We can swim and bike and sing songs together.
I mean, don't get me wrong I loved Anna as a baby with my whole heart, 100%, all the time, and I thought she was amazing every day of her life. So, maybe it's not really possible, but to me it feels as though she is actually even more amazing as a "big girl." And all of this, of course makes me wonder just how amazing I'm going to find her to be as a 7 year old, or a 12 year old, or a 16 year old or a 23 year old, or a 36 year old. I can hardly imagine...
I can't wait to keep getting to know you every year, Anna. To me you are a miracle that just keeps happening over and over again. I love you with all of my heart, and though it doesn't seem possible that you could be any more amazing than you are today, I am readying myself to be completely astounded by you and by my love for you again tomorrow.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Anna! I can't wait to get to know my son in that way! I love toddlerhood!
Jenn Koop Olsta
Mandy, May I assure you that you will always look at your daughter and be amazed by her, inspired by her...just as your mother looks at you and is amazed and inspired by you! Well, that's my experience anyways! :) May you have many more amazing years with Anna!
Blessings, Emily
What a heartwarming post Mandy. Happy birthday Anna!
Wow, well said, Mandy! I love every word you spelled out about Anna. Happy 2nd Birthday, Anna! Wow, it seems like only last week when you use to come to my house as a baby! And now you are 2. And beautiful, just like your Momma! Well, not the 2 part! :)
What a sweet and downright lovely post, Mandy! You are right-on when it comes to watching your baby's life unfold. Happy birthday to Anna, and let me just say she's in good hands! ~Martha
I finally figured out how to post on here. Sweet wonderful Anna is two and terrific. Mandy, your words are precious and profound! I love the pic of Anna & Mira reading...awesome. All the pics are wonderful though. Anna is indeed quite the little girl...you could say she's "the bomb" :) p.s. Noah is awesome too! We love your fam...
Post a Comment