Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lovin' Life Outside

At the end of April we finally got a chance to get outside and have a serious outside workday. It was so fun to be out as a family and for Jon and I to both be able to work at various projects while the kids happily played in the yard. Trust me, we took plenty of breaks to just play too.

Here is Anna enjoying a cookie outside. I just love her smile here. I think if I had the choice I would eat her up before I'd eat the cookie.


Noah loves to pretend he can drive the mower. Little does he know that we are just as excited as he is for the day to come when he can mow the lawn. Does anyone think that 6 is too young to have him operate this puppy as his summer job?


Anna and Jon on the mower. They both love to go for mower rides. Jon absolutely will not take them on the mower while he's actually mowing, but he'll take them for rides around the neighborhood when he's done and the blade is locked and not moving. It is questionable, yes, and about as far from classy as you can get, but the kids love it and I love to see them love it and I love how, though embarrassed to be driving his kids around the neighborhood on a mower, Jon does it anyway because he loves them and they love the rides.


The kids goofing around on the mower together. Again, no worries. It's locked and turned off here. Do you seriously think I would let my kids play on a mower if it were on? Can I get a "be careful" out there?


A picture I snapped while they were playing in the yard. I will never forget this. I was playing with them and we were playing that Anna was the mom and Noah and I were her kids. Noah was indulging her so much this day by playing what she wanted. He was such a good sport. She would kiss us goodbye, go to work (which was the lawn mower), come back, give us hugs and kisses and do it all over again. It was precious. Here they just share a moment while I look on wondering what it must be like to be them...to have between them what they have...loving them loving each other on a perfect spring day. "The whole way to heaven is heaven itself." ~Teresa of Avila

2 comments:

Terah said...

Nice mower! (We have a FasTrak too; my husband works for the company that manufactures them.)

Jen said...

That final picture of Noah laying on his tummy and Anna's engaging look towards him is just priceless. I love how you captured their innocence, the bond between them, and the sweetness of the day in that one shot!
~Jen HS