Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Virginia Beach, Part 1

Below are Noah and Anna splashing in the waves at Virginia Beach. This was Anna's first trip to the ocean and she loved it!!! Her face says it all. Waves are pretty cool. I agree, Anna.
We left on June 25 for a few days at the beach combined with a few days with friends and a day with family. We had no idea how the kids would do traveling that far, but they did great. We had high hopes of not using the DVD player at all, but those were shot by about....Bristol. So thanks to a DVD player as well as books, toys, and music we all had a lovely trip. We stopped in PA on the way out and by Sunday afternoon we were splashing in the waves. This was Anna's first trip to the Ocean. We felt bad because Noah touched the Pacific at 4 months old and the Atlantic at 13 months, but we think Anna's going to be just fine even though she had to wait until she was 2 1/2 to touch the ocean.

Here is the whole Yoder Schrock crew in the waves. We had so much fun and we were so grateful to the nice woman who saw us all looking at the water our first 3 minutes there and generously offered to take a family pic.

Here the kids and Jon go down a giant water slide thing on the beach. It was so cool. Noah loved it and wanted to go again. Anna was glad she tried it, but sat the second ride out.

Here are my kids all greased up with sunscreen and ready to ride the surrey that we rented one morning to ride around the boardwalk. It was awesome. If you know me and surreys you know that I have never met a surrey I don't love. I love them the most on city streets mingling with cars, but we played it safe and stayed on the boardwalk this time. The kids loved it!

We also had a blast just digging in the sand making things and just messing around. After jumping waves this was our favorite thing to do.
To be continued...oh yes...there is more, so much more to this adventure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about Virginia Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Sarah