Sunday, January 15, 2012

More Quotes

Good grief. These kids are so quotable lately. They are just cracking us up with their astute observations and hilarious comments.

1. One wintry day as the snow was falling outside and the kids and I were safe and cozy inside, Noah looked contemplatively out his window while Anna and I played on the floor and then I heard him say, "This house is peaceful." What joy to know that my son feels peace at home.

2. We had a Preacher Mama (and Papa) hymn sing in October. It was a great time of fellowship and good singing. We even recorded it and David was nice enough to make CDs for each family in the group. The first time I played the CD in the car Noah heard it and said, "Mom you should have had a book" implying that we didn't sound very good. So I told him, "Noah, we did have books." To which he replied, "Next time you should actually look at the book." Oh my word!!! Too funny! So this past week we had another Preacher Mama and Papa hymn sing at our house this time and you can bet I made sure to show Noah that we all had books in hand and were looking at them.

3. Every time I say "ridiculous" Anna says, "ree-dic-lee-us" just to say it wrong and annoy me. I correct her and say, "Anna the word is ridiculous" to which she again replies "ree-dic-lee-us." Clearly this is a very funny game. She also likes to say "lie-bare-ee" instead of "library" even though she is perfectly capable of saying it correctly.

4. The other week the kids were at Gma Ruth and Gpa Tom's for the weekend and after church on Sunday Tom and Ruth took the kids to Hacienda for lunch. Our family also frequents the Goshen and Elkhart Haciendas, and in Goshen they have caffeine free diet soda, but in Elkhart they don't. So, as they drove up to the Goshen Hacienda Anna proclaimed, "Oh good. This is the one where we can have pop!" Love it!

5. As Grandpa Tom and the kids made their way out the door to go to church that same weekend Anna paused halfway out the door and said to Grandpa Tom, "Wait a minute. I need to go back and get my phone in case I get a text." Huh.Lar.E.Us! I can not imagine where she has ever heard this before.

6. As I drove home from my weekend away with my college friends I was talking on the phone with Jon and the kids just a bit. Jon was in the process of putting them to bed so they were all there together on Noah's bed reading stories, and as we were signing off so I could focus on driving,
I said, "Goodbye. I love you."
And Noah said back to me, "I love you bigger than a giant. Bigger than the world."
To which I replied, "I love you all the way to Jupiter and back."
Noah came back at me again with, "I love you all the way to Pluto and back."
And then Anna, oh bless her, she piped up and said, "I love you all the way to New Orleans."
Ahhh yes, all the way to New Orleans...oh how I love them so.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

These quotes are great but I especially like the last 3!