Here are a few of the things that have made my heart smile lately. It really is the little things, isn't it?
1. Noah saying he will carry me when I am an old woman.
2. Noah promising to live in our basement when he is older.
3. The kids jumping in the pool on opening day even though the water was 50 degrees!
4. Family bike rides.
5. The Chief.
6. Being back at FMC Indy after 4 years.
7. Anna setting the table all by herself.
8. One of the youth in Indy saying I look younger than I did 4 years ago.
9. Getting the giggles with my kids in the hotel room at bedtime.
10. Noah getting so excited to show Grandpa John how much he loves biking because he knows how much Grandpa John loves biking.
11. Taking a full back-row-of-seats-down trunk-load of stuff to The Depot.
12. T-ball practice.
13. Spending the whole day with a dear friend and her children.
14. The fact that a night sleeping in the same bed as mom is as much of a reward to strive for as a new toy.
15. And then there's this...
16. And this...
17. And this...
18. This...
19. And this...(yes, we took a morning to ride the Trolley just for kicks, and it was
awesome!)
20. And this...
3 comments:
(Okay, nothing weird in the first comment, just wanted to make changes after I prematurely clicked "post" and now it looks all secretive!)
Anyway, what I said was-- these things make me smile too! You're right... the special things in life really end up not even being "things" at all-- moments to treasure! I should try eating lunch wearing an Elmo costume and sunglasses sometime; it might make it taste more festive.
(By the way, we did that very thing a few years back with The Trolley, and our boys loved it too.) :)
~Jen Shenk
This list was so fun to read. It made me smile to when I read all those things. I've been wanting to do that same thing w/the Trolley bus & just haven't done it yet!
Post a Comment