- We're having family story which means we're all in Noah's bed. Anna is the last one to climb in. She gets up on the bed, looks at the three of us already laying there and says, "There's a big pile of family in here. Where am I supposed to go?"
- While reading a new book Anna says what I had been thinking but had not said yet: "I love the simple words of this book." It was quite a lovely simple book with a peaceful and calm cadence. I love when she says what I'm thinking.
- Noah did the Goshen Kids Triathlon this weekend and Anna trained right along with him so it was hard for her to not be old enough to compete. Noah also got to go to Build-A-Bear with his Uncle Matt as a gift for his B-day, so I heard this many times in the past few days, "I can't wait to be five so I can do the triathalon and go to Build-A-Bear." Poor kid. Her life is so hard. I jest there, but it is hard to be the younger sib and have to wait for all the things that look so fun (T-ball, riding the bus, triathlons, etc).
- After reading the story of Isaac in a book from the church library about children in the Bible, Anna says to me and Jon, "Would you guys do that to us (lay them on an alter with a knife and a plan to sacrifice them)?" Jon and I quickly replied, "Oh no. Never. That is not something people do anymore." Maybe that was not the best story to read before bed. Oops. I always forget the stories in the Bible are not necessarily G rated.
- We were in the pool when Jon got home so Anna shouts to him, "Daddy come here and watch this! This is awesome! You are going to pee your pants!" It was awesome. The girl can swim across the deep end without any flotation devices. Again, she just wants to be like her big brother. I mean, if he can do it why can't she, right? Also, for the record, Jon did not pee his pants, but he was very impressed.
On the way to childcare this morning...
Anna: When I'm five and get to have my friend party I want to have only girls and their moms.
Mandy: Okay, Anna. That sounds fun. Who do you want to invite?
Anna: You name people that you think I would want and I'll say "yes" or "no."
So I did and everyone I named was a "yes."
Then a little later...
Anna: I think we should make it a tea party where the girls come dressed up like princesses and the moms can dress up too but just in regular fancy clothes not in princess clothes.
Mandy: That sounds great, Anna.
At bed time tonight while we rock in the chair...
Anna: Mom, can we just talk a little?
Mandy: Sure, what do you want to talk about?
Anna: I don't know. Why don't you just talk about something and I'll talk back when you're done.
A little later, still in the chair...
Mandy: What was your high point and low point today?
Anna: My high point is right now, rocking with you. And my low point ...[Long pause] I don't think I
had a low point today.
Mandy: Wow, Anna. What a great day you must have had.
A little later still as Anna is spelling her name which is on the wall of her room...
Mandy: Anna, do you want to learn to read or do you think you're still too little?
Anna: I think I'm still too little, but I want to try.
What is so precious to me is her can-do spirit. She thinks she's too little, but wants to try. So sweet.
2 comments:
Adorable. The best part is that I can hear her sweet little voice in my head saying those things. I really hope we score an invite to that tea party.
I'm just amazed at how articulate this little person is. Indeed you don't want to forget these "Anna-isms." So cute.
Post a Comment