My life is not perfect, but there are many everyday things that make my heart swell lately, and I want to remember them, so I'm going to write them below. But, remember, I didn't list, "Jon is sick with strep"or "I had to take the car in to get the brakes fixed" or "there are weeds growing everywhere in my flowerbeds" or "I"m so tired," but I could have. All are true. Instead here are these items...
Things that make my heart smile and make my cup feel full this spring:
- driving with the windows down at 9:15 pm and smelling spring
- watching my daughter at her dance recital
- the sight of 6 kids--the best of friends--playing on a Sunday night
- sitting with both sets of grandparents at my son's soccer game and seeing his face when he sees his cheering section
- seeing hostas that I thought weren't going to make it finally poking through the mulch
- seeing the cherry tree blossoms closed last night and open like mad today
- seeing my daughter run back and forth on the soccer field pumping her arms with all her might
- watching my kids splash and play together in their own little world
- digging in the soil
- seeing both kids run to give hugs to dear friends at the end of the time at the soccer field. "Just one more hug, Mommy." "Okay, go! One more hug."
- watching my daughter at tee-ball practice
- reading a poem written by Noah (spelled phonetically) having to do with Mario, P-wings, Mushrooms, and the word Awesome
- going to the mother-son dance with Noah and knowing how excited he is about it
- the smell of sunscreen on my kids
- waking up to find that Anna is asleep in our bed between me and Jon and Noah is asleep on the floor on my side of the bed
No comments:
Post a Comment