Sunday, April 13, 2008

We Actually Have News!

1) It was made public that I (Mandy) am the candidate for the half-time position of "Pastor of Faith Formation and Congregational Care" at Belmont Mennonite Church in Elkhart. All three of us are ecstatic about this opportunity. The church seems just amazing and the job description is awesome! When we decided to move we hoped that at some point in the next 10 years I would have an opportunity to again move into a ministry assignment. Well, what can we say? God is good and God seems to have had even better things in mind than we could have ever imagined. BUT, it's not over yet. I will candidate at Belmont on May 4 (preach, Q&A, etc.) and after that they will vote whether or not to keep me on the island. So, any prayers on my behalf and on behalf of the congregation as we meet together would be appreciated. Or if that seems to complicated and time-consuming just pray for lots of "yes" votes. (:>)

2) We got an offer on our house from the first people that walked through it. We hadn't had anyone come through for the first 12 days it was on the market, and we were getting quite discouraged. But then Saturday (day 13) a couple looked at it and liked it enough to want a second look today. Tonight our realtor received their offer so at 9:30 pm we met with our realtor to go over their offer and prepare our counter offer. We should hear back from the "buyers" tomorrow by 5 pm. We'll keep you posted.

3) We're heading to Florida for a few days this week for Jon to take his oral board exam for anesthesia and for Noah and me to play in the ocean, pool, and sand. Jon will play too as soon as his test is done.


4) Noah had a fun play date with friend Sasha Smucker at the library a few weeks ago. In the picture below you will see Mandy and Noah sharing a hug at the library and you will also see Noah showing Sasha his belly hoping that she will, upon seeing it, find him irresistable.



5) Noah has also enjoyed watching birds outside our back window with his dad and making music with his dad.



6) Noah also enjoyed walking to the park by himself, trying out his new shorts and sandals, and playing on the swings and slide (see video below for slide fun). Can you honestly believe how cute Jon and Noah are walking side-by-side in step with each other in totally-uplanned-yet-practically-matching outfits like that? My heart just breaks/explodes/melts.







5 comments:

Krista said...

Congrads Mandy (and Jon and Noah) that sounds like a great position and great timing.

Kris said...

Okay, so now that I can "legally" comment on your blog (I felt a bit more like a stalker recently) :)... I love the pictures of Jon and Noah. So adorable!!

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Kris, I hear ya! I'm so glad things are now out in the open. I know its necessary, but it feels so strange being so secretive. ~Mandy

beth said...

I'm glad Noah is moving to Goshen so Sasha doesn't have such easy access to him! Mara was getting a little testy when she saw that picture! She played with a little boy at church yesterday and kept calling him "O-ah." So cute. Glad all is moving so smoothly. If you sell your house on the first showing that will be quite a story. B

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Beth, well its a story indeed. I suppose something could still fall through--it always can--but the couple interested in the house accepted our counter offer and its all over. We sold our house. I'm so relieved. We'll have to find a place to live for a month here in Indy (they want to close at the end of May and we're not done until the end of June) but we'll figure something out. We can always live in my office at the church. Ha! I'm also glad to hear that Mara still has feelings for Noah. Its been a while since they've seen each other, but his heart still belongs to Ms. Miller.