Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More News

1) We did end up selling our house last week. The buyers accepted our counter offer and it was all over before we left for Florida which was nice. Now we're just working out the details. The only bad thing (besides selling the house for LESS than what we paid for it) is that they want to move in by May 31 and we're not done with work in Indy until June 30. So we'll have to find a place to live here for a month, but that's okay. At least that's a problem we can plan for. I found getting ready for the spur of the moment house showings to be really hard. I know we only had 2 but I'm a planner and it was really annoying to me. So this I can plan for starting...NOW.

2) We bought a house in Goshen!!! We went up Monday to look at one that just came on the market and we just loved it. We wrote an offer that afternoon and by the time we got back to Indy we had an e-mail saying they had accepted. We are so pumped. It will need a few cosmetic procedures inside to make it our own, but the bones are great, and we love the property and neighborhood so we're really excited. I even slept like a log the night after we bought it. No buyers remorse at all which is kind of unusual for me. Anyway, we'll tell you more about it if you want to know but in a nutshell we're really excited. We'll move in July 1.

2 comments:

Nate B said...

Where where where where where where?? Congratulations on both! And the church prospect!

Rolon Miller Blog said...

Yeah! so excited for you! Where is the house at? I can't wait to talk to you more!