Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We're Still Here

Proof that Noah is still alive.

Yes, we're still alive. Thanks to those of you who have checked in on us to make sure our lack of posting wasn't a sign of having dropped off the face of the earth. We've just been busy finishing up some renovation projects (almost done, thank goodness), starting my new job (really fun and interesting), and getting the occasional moment for ourselves into the mix (went to hear one of Jon's colleagues play in a band in South Bend last weekend).
Life has been good, but if I said I wasn't a bit tired I'd be lying. I sure can tell a difference in how I feel on the days when I get a nap during Noah's nap time and the days I don't. Wouldn't we all feel better with a 2 hour siesta every day. Oh well, it's like I always say, "I'll rest when I'm dead" and "sleep is a luxury not a necessity." You see, I have an 18 month old and I'm having another baby in 4 months so I have to tell myself these things to survive. But really, we're doing well and enjoying life.





Noah is doing well too. His vocabulary has finally hit that point where I would say it is "exploding" with a new word or two every day. Dr. Stoesz always said he'd hit that point eventually and sure enough he finally did. As you can see from the pictures Noah really enjoys driving lately. Often he and I will meet Jon at the end of the driveway and he'll get in the truck with Jon and ride the rest of the way to the house with Jon. I know this is a bit "Britney Spears,"but Noah loves it. Noah is also really starting to know people by their cars. Anything resembling a truck and he yells out, "pappa" (which is what he calls Jon) and any car that is yellow he says, "nana" (which is what he calls my mom who has a yellow car). It's really cute.
Well, duty calls. Jon is hanging the towel holder and the toilet paper holder in our mildly remodeled powder room, and I am being summoned to help. Heaven only knows what I have to offer that process, but we'll see. I'm just glad the end is in sight with all these renovation projects for a while.
Take care! We hope you are all well, and we look forward to seeing some of you at the Relief Sale this weekend.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Yes, yes, it was great to see you had a new post! I love to hear what you all are up to. That is just too cute about Noah & his association with cars & people! Can't wait to have you guys over for our playdate!