Thursday, December 10, 2009

You Can't Make This Stuff Up


Our childcare for Anna fell through and my parents have agreed to watch Anna for us at the church until Christmas when we will surely have secured another long-term childcare option. But the sudden change in plans did throw me for a loop and that first day with my mom watching Anna at the church I just was not as prepared as I should have been. Basically this is just an excuse. The truth is I just didn't remember that I had used Anna's last clean outfit from the diaper bag so the diaper bag didn't contain an outfit for Anna to change into when she pooped all over her clothes that Monday while my mom was watching Anna at the church.
So Anna's all covered in poop...What to do? What to do? I searched every part of the diaper bag and did manage to find some brown pants (size 6 months) for Anna to wear. Yes, she's 10 months old, but they fit like a nice pair of capris should. Ha. I did not, however, have a shirt, and yes, I needed a clean shirt for her as well.
What to do? What to do? And then it hit me. I could see if there were any clothes on the dolls in the nursery that might fit her. I knew it was a longshot because dolls aren't as big as a 10 month old child, and sure enough every doll I checked was WAY too small to have clothes to fit Anna until I uncovered one last doll sleeping in a little bed in the corner. Wouldn't you know it was a freakishly large doll that was wearing a onesie that I thought might just fit our dear poopmaking Anna.

So I stripped down the doll and took the onesie to the other room and put it on Anna. Sure enough it fit! But as you can see from the picture the onesie was pretty rough--nasty lace falling off, a few stains, holes in it. But hey, it did the trick, and it was there when I needed it. And without it my baby would have gone home topless on a rather chilly day.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I can't believe that!!! That is so hilarious!!! Sorry your childcare fell through! :(