Sunday, April 3, 2011

Noah is Four

Noah is four. Part of me wants to say, "I can't believe it." But that isn't really true. Actually I can totally believe it. It feels like it's been four years. It's funny as I think back...so much of my life has been broken down into four year segments. Four years of high school, four years of college, four years for seminary, and four years of pastoring at FMC Indy...so for me to look back on another four year segment of my life is interesting. And, now that I'm on this side of this particular four-year piece of life, I can say these past four years definately have not flown by as fast as other four-year segments. But, of course, that makes sense because this has been the most fulfilling, the most amazing, the most challening, and the most life-changing four-year block of my life thus far. I wonder how much longer I will continue to measure life in four-year bundles. I wonder if this is it. I wonder how it is possible that I am so blessed as to be able to be called "mama" by this amazing boy pictured below.

At this point in life Noah is really into Toy Story. He also loves Superman which is why we had a hybrid ToyStorySuperman birthday party. He loves his sister, swimming, helping us around the house in hopes of earning some money, riding bike, identifying birds and bird calls, doing the one-handed sign language sign for "I love you," telling knock knock jokes, jumping on the couch or air mattress, playing "Tom and Minda," playing superheroes, and watching PBS Kids and Bible videos we get from church. Noah is a shy guy when he first meets people but once he gets to know you, look out. Happy Birthday Noah!!!


Noah with his cake



The very good natured party goers. Seriously, how many people do you know who would put on these crazy hats and let a blogger take a picture?


Grandpa John after he got the Buzz Lightyear toy free from the packaging. It's a long story. In a nutshell, we couldn't get Buzz out of the box. Those crazy metal twist ties were hooked behind his wings in such a way that they were not coming out. Jon's brother Matt tried--nothing. Jon's dad Tom tried--no luck. Jon tried with scissors and actually poked his eye lid and the corner of his eye with the scissors in the process. Gracis a Dios that were not drawing on disability insurance on that one. But then Grandpa John, that crazy guy, decided to push them out instead of pulling them, and it worked. Hallelujah!



Noah opening presents. He was so polite and genuinely excited about each gift. It was awesome. He would get really excited and then say, "Thank you. Thank you so much." It was very sweet and totally genuine. We didn't coach him to do that at all.


Oh, Noah, I love you, bud. I love your sensitivity, your sense of humor, your questions, your love for the outdoors, your energy, your funny sayings...and the list could go on. I can't believe how far we've come. I love you.

2 comments:

Rachel Kathryn said...

I can't believe Noah is 4 already! Wasn't he just learning to walk at FMC the other day?!? Ha! Glad to hear you and the family are doing so well! :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Noah!