Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gathering With Chicas & Spouses

This past weekend we gathered in Hudson, OH (where friends Amy and Ryan live) for what is becoming an annual gathering of the chica gang plus husbands and kids. This is the group of women I get together with every winter, but last year we added an additional gathering in August with spouses. This year we did it again with spouses and kids (3 babies, 2 fetuses). What a great tradition. It was a really fun weekend. We drank coffee, talked, played games, biked, played boccee ball, toured Amy & Ryan's town, and had a shower for Lisa and Jess. It was a great weekend.



Noah models one of the shower gifts; Noah meets new friend Emerson for the first time and grabs him by the shirt to show him who's boss.

The women having brunch at the shower; out on a walk.



The three babies: Emerson, Henry, & Noah; the group hanging out.

4 comments:

beth said...

This looks like a great weekend! Did you all stay at Amy and Ryan's house? It's great to see these 3 boys together and wonder if they'll be GC friends someday too.

Amy and Ryan said...

I love the pictures! It reminds me of what a great time I had last weekend with everyone. I was just waiting for you to post some fun ones of our time together as I don't have any good ones. Really, it's past time to get rid of the family camera.

Yes, Beth, they all stayed here! And we'd host it again in a heartbeat. The house has just seemed way too quiet this week.

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Beth, yes our hope is that these boys will be GC friends...perhaps living in one of the triple rooms. Ha! And, you can bet they'll be hitting on Mara while they're there, too. (:>)

And, Amy, let me know if you want more pix. I'm glad to just make a CD with all of mine and send it.

beth said...

Good for you Amy for hosting everyone. I'm sure your house does seem empty after all that! These are great pictures too!