This was a very good week. Jon and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on Tuesday with a nice dinner out. My mom came to stay with Noah and, though we put him to bed before we went out, Noah woke up about 5 minutes after we left so she had to rock him to sleep again. She didn't mind though...more time to hold the little one. I can't believe it, but I neglected to take pix of her visit (shame on me). Other fun things this week were a visit from Uncle Matt, putting Noah in his special ducky robe, and having the little guy in his new high chair for the first time. We aren't feeding him solids until he's 6 months (or at least that's our goal) but we thought we'd get the highchair and get him used to it by having him sit in it during meal time. But THE most wonderful thing about this week is that Noah started sleeping through the night on a consistent basis. He's done it before once or twice but never for more than one or two nights. Now, I know some people consider "sleeping through the night" to mean that the child goes back to sleep after feeding. Noah has been doing that since very early on, but that is NOT my definition of sleeping through the night. My definition involves Noah and Mommy SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. And, finally this week he did it consistently (7:30/8 pm-7 am) YEAH, baby!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Mommy and Daddy have some time together in the evening and Mommy gets 7-8 hours of sleep IN A ROW. YEEEE HAWWW!!

Noah in his new highchair drooling and playing with toys.


Noah in his new highchair drooling and playing with toys.

Noah in his highchair and playing with Unlce Matt.
Here is Noah in his special ducky robe. It is special because it is the one thing I really wanted to buy before we were pregnant. I thought it was so cute, and I'd see it at Target every time we went there. The moment we decided to try to have a baby I wanted to buy it but Jon wouldn't let me because he said it would be too hard to have it hanging in the closet if we didn't get pregnant. Wise move, Jon. Because, as many of you know, it was almost a year until we got pregnant. Well, so you can bet your sweet bippy that the MINUTE I found out I was pregnant I made a mad dash for Target to buy this robe. Then Jon got the matching slippers for me to go with it. This is the first time Noah has worn it. I will never be able to express how grateful I am to have a precious little one to put in this robe that was for so long a symbol of what I didn't have. Thanks be to God that Noah is here!




No comments:
Post a Comment