Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween & Haircut

This past week or so has been very, very busy so I am sorry for not updating the blog sooner. Work has been busy and then Noah and Jon got sick with some kind of throwing up/fever thing which was lovely, and this coming week is MYF live-in which is always fun but we get less sleep than usual. So, we're keepin' on and hangin' in but it will be a stressful week. I'll update again next Monday when I'll be on vacation. I'm taking a week to just hang around home. It will be great.

Noah went as a dinosaur for Halloween b/c he always makes a sound we call his pterodactyl noise so it seemed fitting. He didn't actually go trick-or-treating but rather just hung at home with us and handed out candy to the neighborhood kids who came to our door. We also got a special visit from the Kauffmans and pictured here is Lori, Caleb, Anna, Lucas and Noah.

Here Noah plays with the little toy kitchen that the church has in the nursery, which cracks me up b/c I hate to cook so much. It would just be too funny if he really enjoyed it. Scratch that! It wouldn't be funny. It would be awesome. I'd have that kid making supper for the family so fast he wouldn't know what happened. And on the right he hangs with Grandma Ruth who came down on Friday to help watch Noah while I worked b/c the Kauffmans had some other things they needed to do and I really needed to be in the office. Even being away from them on Friday didn't save Noah from getting "the illness." So far all Kauffmans and the male Yoder Schrocks have gotten it. I sure hope my time isn't coming.


On the left is the hair before the cut and on the right is the after picture...after we buzzed it with Jon's clippers. It looks good I think...evened out a bit...more like a little boy than a baby/old man with a comb-over. I will let it grow out a bit now but overall I like the evened out look I think.

3 comments:

Nate B said...

Cutest little crustacean from the paleolithic era.... EVAR! I especially like the glossy chin wax Noah uses that shows up nicely in his haircut picture.

Here's to hoping there's not a church-full of vomiting sick people by the time the end of the week rolls around!

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Awww shucks. Thanks Nate for thinking our little crustacean is cute. And as for the chin wax, he makes it himself. We can get some for you on Wednesday night. He can apply it for you if you want. And, indeed, I too hope that what the Yoder Schrock boys have is gone by the time live-in starts. Yikes.

beth said...

Oh Mandy, I hope you don't save you catching the crud until your vacation next week! This is reminding me of how you got sick so often on school breaks because your body finally relaxed and the germs got the upper hand! Hang in there.