Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's a...




GIRL!!! Yes, folks. In early February we will be evening out the gender score in our nuclear family with the addition of another female in the house. Thanks for hanging in there with us and waiting 48 hours longer than necessary for this post. We were super busy Friday night and then Saturday-Sunday noon we were at our church retreat so we just didn't have time to post.
We were very excited to learn Friday afternoon that, most importantly, as far as they can tell from a 20 week ultrasound, everything looks fine with Baby Girl Yoder Schrock. We were also, of course, excited to learn the gender. We would truly have been happy with either a boy or a girl. We just love knowing one way or the other. It makes for an additional day of fun anticipation, celebration, excitement and joy. I just can't explain how much more real she feels to me now. Jon and I are calling her by name (although we're not telling anyone else what that is) and we refer to her room as ______'s room and it's like she's a real person instead of an "it." It is just so fun to know finally.
Following the good news of health and the fun news of gender we called up the grandparents and all of us headed to Hacienda for an impromptu supper celebration. It was great! Then I just couldn't stop the car from driving to Target to buy the little lady some pink clothes. I will mostly dress her in Noah's old sleep n' plays for those first few months because who really cares what she wears when its just me and her in the house all day, but I just had to get her a few things of her own too. Welcome to the world sweet baby girl!!! We can't wait to meet you.
Here Jon happily holds the ultrasound pix
The family on the way to dinner
Noah helps Mandy shop for his baby sister at Target
Mandy shows Jon what she and Noah bought.

7 comments:

beth said...

I am so, so, so happy for you guys! As you know, the 48 hour wait was long and I was getting worried about you, but of course now I am thrilled to hear all is ok. It's so fun to have one of each. I love the picture of Noah in Target. What a great big brother he will be.

Everything Belongs said...

YEAH!! A little girl...she already looks so precious! I am thrilled! We can't wait to meet her too! And, aren't girl clothes so much cuter and much more fun to shop for?!?!

Meg said...

Congratulations! Having one of each is so fun, I have to say! Now I'm totally craving Hacienda...

Jewel said...

Ooh, thanx so much for sharing the news! You write so clearly & it makes me so excited for you guys! Great pictures! Um...do I get a prize for being 1 out of the 3 guessing girl correctly? :)

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Jewel,
Yes! You do get a prize for being the ONLY non family member to vote "girl." And your prize is...you get to be the first one to babysit for the little lady when Jon and I want to go out some evening. Ha ha!!! Some prize, huh? Just kidding. But seriously good job on the guessing.

Jewel said...

Hey, I'm all for that prize! I would love to babysit her! I'm sure she'll be sweet just as Noah is! And she's got great parents!

Karen said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We are thrilled you're having a girl. (We think they're pretty fun... since it's all that we have!) Have fun planning and dreaming. We miss you guys!