Saturday, February 7, 2009

Anna Is One Week Old

Anna with her eyes open--a rare treat! The child sleeps all the time. We have to really work hard to wake her up to eat and to keep her having some awake time so that she gets her days and nights switched around. This is something I think we're making good progress on early this week.


Jon, Mandy, Noah, & Anna

Anna on her first walk around the neighborhood. It has been unseasonably warm so we are getting a few chances to get outside and get some exercise in the sun.


Noah loves his baby sister. As you can see Anna is less sure of this whole hugging thing.


Noah received a doctor kit as a gift this week and here he is kissing Anna after giving her one of about 1000 exams. We all get check ups daily.

Anna yawns.
Four generations of Graber/Richard/Alliman/Yoder/Schrock women--a very special moment.
Uncle Matt finally gets to hold Anna now that his cold is gone.


I can't believe she is a week old already. This week has really gone by fast. Everything is so much easier than it was with Noah. I don't know if that's because the delivery was easier on me, if it's because we were already in kid mode, if we knew better what to expect, or if she really is just easier than he was. No matter what the reason we are grateful. Granted, we're not getting tons of sleep or time to just sit and read novels and discuss our hopes and dreams for our lives or anything, but physically I feel infinitely better than I did after Noah's birth and Jon and I both feel like the adjustment of going from one kid to two has been much easier for us than it was going from no kids to one. I guess since our lives already revolve around a little one its not as much of a shock to our lifestyle as a couple. I just can't believe how much Anna sleeps. Every now and then I ask Jon if he REALLY thinks she's okay b/c she's sleeping so much of the time. He assures me Anna is fine and that I'm just comparing her to Noah who seemed never to sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Below Anna sleeps in her diaper only because one time we had her stripped down to keep her awake for a feeding and she fed and then promptly fell asleep so I just decided to put her down for her nap in the buff. She looked so cute and content with her arms up that I had to snap a few pix.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a cutie! I had to look very closely at that photo of you taking Anna on a walk...the sling blends right in and I thought you were having major problems with engorgement. ;) I'm so glad it was a sweet baby in a sling instead! :)

Jen said...

Oh, Mandy, these pictures are just delightful!! They capture the sweetness and tenderness of these early days so well. The picture of Noah kissing Anna, with her sidelong glance is just hilarious. And the close-ups of Anna with her eyes open and then yawning are awesome!
Glad, also, to hear that the adjustment is going more smoothly this time around. Isn't it great when you get your laid-back, easy baby when it's not your first one? :)
Much love to all of you!! Can't wait to meet Sweet Anna.