Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swimming Lessons

This past week the kids took swimming lessons here at our pool. It was great. They aren't doing any real strokes yet--just learning water safety and a few things like floating etc. The teacher did get Noah out of his water wings for a few things though and that was pretty cool.

The kids continue to love the pool. Noah loves to jump off the diving board and does various "fancy" moves. Each one has its own name. One is the "cannonball handball." I can't begin to describe what it is. I guess you'll just have to come on over sometime and find out.



Anna is also fearless in and around the water which strikes a deep and profound fear in her parents. She has been known to just jump in which is terrifying. She requires 100% supervision at all times in the pool area.

Here's Anna putting on some attitude before her lesson.




When we moved to Goshen we were absolutely not looking for a house with a pool. A pool was actually a negative on our wish list. But now that we have one we really are enjoying it.We're out there most nights just splashing around for an hour or so before bedtime. Come on over and join us sometime.

3 comments:

The Goods said...

I see AnnMarie in the pictures! So glad you guys are using her too. Did you know I used to bbsit her when she was little? She's great!

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Yes, AnnMarie is great! The kids love her. I didn't know you used to babysit for her. Wow! How old are we? Scary!

JessMejer said...

WISH I COULD! :-)