Noah, June 2008 (15 months)

Anna, July 2010 (17 months)
Also, in other Yoder Schrock news we've had 5 new installments of "we've arrived."
1. No one wants to be carried all the time anymore. Anna is insisting on walking more and more so now for the first time in 3.5 years I'm not always carrying a child. We've arrived!!!
2. BOTH kids stayed awake on the way home from the peditrician's office today (a ride that was from 11-11:30) which used to be prime I-think-I'll-fall-asleep-in-the-car-even-though-it's-too-early-for-my-nap-and-will-screw-up-the-rest-of-the-day time. Both are napping now in their rooms following a good lunch. We can go to the doctor without it screwing up our whole day. We've arrived!!!
3.Both kids slept, snacked, read, played, and watched movies happily all the way to and from Ohio last weekend. Last year Anna screamed almost the whole way home. We can travel 4 hours in peace. We've arrived!!!
4. I can now let Anna and Noah play freely throughout the upstairs while I get ready in the morning (with periodic check-ins) and I'm not worried that something too awful will happen. We've arrived!!!
5. Jon and I can both go to the CCYC orientation meeting this year because BOTH kids go to bed late enough that we can go to the meeting and still be home in time to put them to bed. Actually, neither of them need us to put them to bed anyway. Grandparents, babysitters, anyone can do it! We've arrived!!!
2 comments:
Yay! Thanks for sharing these significant moments. We had one this week too: Austin has learned how to operate the shower controls so now BOTH boys can shower by themselves. We've arrived!!!
Kris-that is awesome!!! You have arrived. And thanks again for the use of your phrase. It is so appropriate for these milestones.
Post a Comment