Sunday, October 31, 2010

Learning to Love Jesus

At our church we have a special ritual for the 3 year olds on the first Sunday that they go upstairs to a more formal Sunday school class. We call this faith marker "Learning to Love Jesus." Here are some pictures of Noah during the presentation which took place during children's time. He was in the midst of a rather defiant stage so I was half expecting him to not even come forward when Pastor Larry called his name, but he did come up and take his book just like the other kids. He did want to sit by me instead of in the middle of me and Larry where the other kids were, but that's okay.

Noah gets his new prayer book from Pastor Larry while Pastor Mommy looks on with pride.
Words of blessing for Noah and his classmates.
Noah and his class and teachers. He has loved Sunday school from the first day. He was always excited to tell us the story for the day and to do any take-home activities, but he was quiet in class. I guess it just took him a few weeks to get comfortable because today for the first time Noah's teacher said he talked a lot in class.

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Hey those pictures look familiar! What a great photographer you are! :)

Yoder Schrock Family said...

I know. Isn't it amazing how I can take pictures and still be in them? Thanks again for sending me yours, Jewel.