Friday, October 1, 2010

Preacher Mamas

I have been meaning to give this group of women a "shout out" for a while now, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. They are becoming quite special to me. I just constantly have to pinch myself at the good fortune of being in an area where I not only have so many great Mennonite pastor colleagues around, but to be in a place where I can have a group of 7 young, Mennonite, women pastors who are also the mothers of young children to fellowship with...that's just amazing!

Our churches are different, and we don't see eye-to-eye on every single issue, but when we meet together over lunch or breakfast or for dinner with our husbands or for a play date (see pix below of our time together in June) we have a great time sharing encouragement, challenges, resources, frustrations, and joys. We can't share things with one another that are confidential, of course, but somehow even with many issues and situations off limits we still manage to find enough to talk about. I think that has something to do with the 6 churches, 7 husbands, and 16 kids between us.

Preacher Mamas, this post is for you. Thanks for walking with me on this journey. Each of you is a blessing in my life.


1 comment:

Jewel said...

That's great to have a group like that & very important!