Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lovin' It: Snow

We are one of those apparently crazy families who love to wake up to this:

I can't even express how much we love snow. It is not that it just provides a fun outdoor playground. It's so much more than that. I love how it looks on the trees outside our windows. I love how it gives us a good excuse to sit by the fire and drink hot cocoa. I love sitting by the window and watching the flakes slowly, peacefully fall to the ground. It makes the inside of a house feel that much more cozy and snug when their is snow outside. I'm not even kidding with all of this. We love snow here. So we try to get out in it whenever we can.
Here are the boys taking a break from some serious playing one day.
Here are Noah and Anna on one of many sled rides that they call "sleigh rides."


Here is a new favorite for our family now that Anna is old enough--a night sled ride. So fun! If you've never done this you must try it. The world is just so peaceful and quiet when you're out walking the streets in the snow at night.
Here's to a few more snowy weeks of winter!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We went outside in the snow one night with flashlights and I couldn't believe how magical and quiet everything was. We'll have to try it with sleds sometime. Great idea!

beth said...

If it was warm and snowy, I could learn to love it...since it is not, no thanks! We have bad attitudes around here until Spring comes!