Lately these are the top 10 things that have made me smile:
1. Anna praying her own spoken prayers in which she often thanks God for "the trees and branches." I'm not sure where that comes from, but I agree the trees and branches are amazing.
2. Noah finding ways to pray using nature (looking out his window) and using a country song as inspiration ("he bowed his little head, folded his little hands, and spoke to God like he was talkin' to a friend...tell me son, where'd you learn to pray like that? I've been watchin' you dad...")
3. Wearing shoes and no socks. I know it's pushing the season, but I don't care.
4. Sleeping with the window open at night and waking up to hear the birds.
5. Getting a new bike. I'd had mine since I was 11 and doing a paper route, so it was time. Jon told me if I'm good I can get a new bike again after another 20 years. Thanks, dear.
6. Watching Noah on his new 16" bike and watching Anna on Noah's old 12" bike. No one in our house is riding a trike anymore. Wow!
7. Going to Tommy's Kids' Castle for the first time of the year and then going again the next day to play for two hours and feed the ducks.
8. Playing in the sandbox for hours.
9. Taking my winter clothes to the guest room closet and bringing up my spring clothes. Turtlenecks, sweaters, and wool be gone!
10. Cleaning months of dirt, sand, and salt off the garage floor with a garden hose. Ahhhahhhh! Now that feels better.
1 comment:
Your list made me smile too! :)
Post a Comment