Noah, while typing, says to me and Anna, "Can you two watch the kids for a bit? I need to work on my sermon." To which Anna replies VERY emphatically, "Noah!! Moms do sermons!!!" To which Noah sort of sheepishly replies, "Dads can do sermons too."
---------------------------
One evening I asked for forgiveness from Noah for a moment of weakness when I was less patient with him than I should have been which resulted in me yelling at him. After I asked if he would forgive me, he said, "Mom, I forgive you, and I'll always forgive you every time you do something bad. I'll always love you no matter what you do. I love you so much, Mom." And then he proceeded to throw his arms around me in a big hug. But he wasn't done yet. Then he sad up in bed and showed me with his arms how much he loved me--first opening his arms wide to the sides as far as he could reach and then opening them vertically as far as he could reach. "I love you THIS much, Mom."
--------------------------
Noah: Mom, I really want to marry Anna when I grow up.
Mandy: I know, honey, but you can't marry Anna. It's against the law. I'm sorry, honey.
Noah: But I REALLY want to. I love her so much, and she's my best friend.
Mandy: I know, but you can't marry her. She can be your best friend, and you can share your lives together, and you can even live with her if you want when you grow up, but you can't marry her.
Noah: Aw man! That stinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment