It's that one last post of summer activities. The pool has been so fun again this year. We were out there almost every night. And this year the kids have picked up snorkeling. Noah has totally got it, and he's able to just swim and float indefinitely while wearing his mask and snorkel. I'm not sure what there is to look at on the bottom of the pool, but apparently it is interesting because he looks at it for hours on end. Actually he often throws things to the bottom and looks at those.
Anna still isn't quite as able to snorkel in open water (she tries of course b/c Noah does it so she thinks she should be able to), but she loves to sit on the steps and pick up dive rings etc., and that she can do quite well. I'm just amazed that a 2 year old can figure out how to breathe through a snorkel. It is fun to see their abilities blossom as they grow and learn.
And, it is just increasingly fun to be out there as a family playing games, jumping off the board, and generally playing and relaxing together. I did NOT want a pool when we moved here, but now I'm sold. Good thing, I guess, because we have to take care of it whether we enjoy it or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment