Thursday, December 29, 2011

November in a Nutshell

The First Snow
The first snow of the year was great! We played and played. The kids' newest favorite way to pull one another and get pulled on the sled is for me to pull Noah and for him to pull Anna. That way Noah and I are reindeer and Anna is Santa. Too funny! We also built a snow fort that was pretty cool although we didn't really have a snowball fight where we could use it to it's fullest potential.


Setting up the Christmas decorations



Anna's First Movie
Anna's first feature-length film in the theater (The Muppet Movie). She is clearly (see picture) stoked about the event!

The funny thing was after all the previews and the first half of the movie, she had used up her tolerance for sitting still and watching something on the screen (she much prefers books to movies or TV) so she and I left the boys in the theater and took to the hallway of Linway 14 where we ran sprints, played hide and seek and generally amused ourselves until the movie was over.

Don't Go, Daddy, Don't Go!
Trying to make so Jon can't leave for work. I've got to hand it to them. They give it all they've got. Sometimes they go so far as to lay down on the kitchen floor holding on for dear life to Jon's legs and they make him drag their bodies across the floor with each step as he inches his way to the back door. Priceless!

Daddy Hug!
I was sorry to miss out on this great family hug, but it was fun to be able to snap a few pictures of it happening.

Facepainting at First Fridays
We were going to let them sleep in it, but it was getting all over EVERYTHING (notice nice white blanket that Anna is laying on) so we took baths and washed faces before bed. I was proud of myself for even considering letting them leave it on all night.

Wishful thinking (looking at holiday catalogs)

2 comments:

beth said...

I love that Samuel/Audra went to the movie too!

Jewel said...

Love this post