Sunday, December 30, 2012

November

READING
November was when Noah's reading really just took off like crazy. It's so similar to learing to talk in my opinion. They have a few words and then all of a sudden they are saying anything they hear. Noah has been able to read a bit here and there already, but all of a sudden it's as if he can read anything (not really of course, but it feels that way). There is something about the motivation of his teacher that has really kicked him into high gear this fall. He loves to read in bed at night before going to sleep, and he is just so proud of himself. We are proud of him too. It really is an amazing thing to watch this skill just take off in your child. I think a lot now about those adults in the US who can't read. I think about how many doors just opened for Noah because he can read. I think of what a lifetime of learning and enjoyment he as ahead of him.


 
CELEBRATING GPA'S B-DAY
We also want to Kaizan to celebrate Grandpa John's birthday. The kids really wanted to take him there. It is their new favorite restaurant and they would go every day if we would let them, but we told them only for special occasions so they jumped at the chance to take Grandpa there for his b-day celebration.

 
FINAL DANCE CLASS
Anna has loved dance class. She was just so ready for this kind of structured activity. She has made some little friends and learned a lot. Can you do a pas de deux? is one of our family's favorite jokes these days. I never took dance as a kid so I don't feel strongly about whether she does it or not, but she seems to like it for now, so we'll continue in January.





 
THANKSGIVING
Thanksgiving was a fun day with my family. We then also celebrated with Jon's parents on Saturday and had a great time enjoying our traditions with them, too. It was so mild this year that the boys could be outside playing football in jackets and we could also enjoy a walk on the nature trail in addition to a great meal and playing on the porch.






DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS

This year for the first time since Noah was able to walk, I brought out my Precious Moments nativity scene. It was a gift from my Grandma Mae so I didn't want to have it out when it could get broken by the kids. Now that they are old enough, I got it out and they loved seeing it for the first time. We had a good time setting everything out.




 
 
 

No comments: