ANNA'S FIELDTRIP
They went to Adam's farm. It was fantastic. I can't show any of their faces on the interwebs so all the pics you see here are of their backs, but that does still leave a lot of cuteness. My favorite is of Anna and her dear friend Isaya holding hands. How sweet is their friendship? How sweet is it when kids are the age where they just effortlessly and without any sense of self-consciousness take a friend's hand to walk a bit? So precious.
MOTHER-SON DATE
Noah and I had a special night out together. It was really fun. It made me realize that I'm not alone with him very much these days (like I am with Anna on days when I'm home and Noah's at school). It was special just to be with my son. Love you, Noah!
BIRD FUNERAL
One day we discovered that a bird was dead outside our family room from hitting the window. Anna, who is a very sensitive soul, was touched by this and wanted to do something. So first, she drew a picture of the bird. And then she told me she wanted to go put the picture she made on the window by the bird. So we went outside (still in PJs) to hang the picture above the bird's body. Then she wanted to get rocks to place around the body, and finally she added one flower. It was very sweet. We didn't have a full-on funeral, but clearly these few rituals were things she needed to do.
NOAH'S FIELDTRIP
All of the Kindergarten classes at Noah's school went to the Maple Lane Wildlife Farm for a fieldtrip. I took the day off and went along. It was a blast! I love to see Noah interact with his friends and teacher and just generally get a window into what his life is like with these people I never see but with whom he spends a lot of his time. I had a group of four kids I was charged with for the day. It was a riot!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment