Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We're Moving

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. We've been busy to say the least. And now on top of all that busyness in our real lives, we're moving. What? What's going on? Who's in charge here? So, yes, we close on the house we live in now tomorrow (Wednesday), the packers are coming on Thursday so my Mom is here now to help me sort out things we want her to take to Goshen now and keep for us until July 1. The movers are coming to take our stuff on Friday and Friday we're also moving to our temporary home (a little 2 bedroom furnished apartment). Being that it's furnished we only need to pack up all of our stuff once (we just need to take clothes and bathroom effects etc. to the apartment), but it's still a pain to sort of move twice. And, while I'm very grateful that we're not totally homeless for the next month, I'm not all that excited to go back to apartment living after being in a house with a yard and a park down the street etc. I'm really trying to be grateful, and I am but you understand...Anyway, then we're here in Indy until the end of June and on July 1 we close on our house in Goshen and on July 2 our stuff arrives (hopefully). Well, I can't quite believe that we're at this point already but I guess I'd better start believing because it's here whether we're ready or not. I'll try to post some pictures soon because Noah is much more interesting than my updates on our move.

3 comments:

Rolon Miller Blog said...

I can't wait to see you all more. It is nice to read your posts, but I can't wait to really keep in contact.

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Sandra,
I know. I can't wait too. It's been way too long since we've seen your family and others too. Keep some time open for me in July. ~M

Everything Belongs said...

Hey--thinking of you guys during these crazy days. I'm glad your mom is there...they are great, aren't they? Glad you found a place to stay and I'm sure it'll all work out with the movers. Ours were great (despite our own housing situation). No complaints here. Just remember to "breathe!" I heard that from a wise woman once...:)