Sunday, June 1, 2008
We Moved
So, we moved. The process really wasn't that painful at all. The movers/packers were great and did a better job than I ever expected. My mom was a great help just being here to watch Noah while Jon and I did what we needed to do. So that part went well. The apartment is another story. How do I say this? The apartment is...well...not great. No, scratch that...it is really bad. It smells funny. It is really small. Car alarms go off all night during storms. The shower is so small that I touch the sides of it when I turn around (I'm serious) and I'm not a large person. And before we went to bed Friday night (our first night there) Jon ran to Target to get us both some slippers. We do not plan to touch the floor with our skin EVER. I'm not even sure I want Noah's teddy bear to touch the floor. Now, I'm not exagerating with any of this, but it's really okay. We are healthy and happy, and it's only for a few weeks. I'm just trying to be grateful for what we do have rather than focusing on what we don't. Some days that's easier than others. We're just trying to find ways to not be at the apartment. Yesterday we were at church from 9a-5:30p and today we've been here since 9a and it's now 2:30 and we're still here waiting for Noah to wake up from his nap. We hope you're all well. We are and for that we are very grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment