Sunday, June 29 (tomorrow) is my last day at First Menno, Indy. It is very hard. I have loved it here so much. Then on Monday morning Noah and I head north. Jon will drive up that evening when he's done with his LAST DAY OF FELLOWSHIP!!! YEAH!!! Congrats, Jon!!! After 28 years of going to school (counting 2 years of preschool) you are almost done. Then Tuesday we close on our new house and Wednesday we move in. And then the real work begins. I am not looking forward to unpacking and remodeling, but at least we won't have a deadline for when we get it all done--except to host my friends for a weekend in October, but good grief we should be able to unpack in 3 months.
Then Jon goes to work on August 4 (and they assure him he'll have patients that very first day), and I start at Belmont on August 25. Noah starts swim lessons on July 7 and that about wraps up his summer plans. What an adventure is this thing called life.
Keep us in your prayers. If you know me, you know this is a lot of change at once. I'm also fighting some kind of throat thing which keeps me up at night, so that really helps the whole situation a lot too. Keep in touch . We hope you're all well.
3 comments:
Mandy,
I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you today but I wanted you to know you will be so very missed. I will miss seeing Noah's sweet little face in the nursery each week when I pop in there - and Jon's too of course! :) Best wishes to your family and I hope we run into you guys in Goshen - maybe we'll stop in at Belmont some Sunday. Avery was upset today when I told her you were leaving - she will miss you too!
Meg
Best of luck in Goshen. I'll miss you both a lot. Thanks so much for your friendship and support throughout my dad's journey with cancer! It meant more than you can know. Keep in touch and keep us upated with the blog!
Kevin
Hi, Mandy.
Good luck with all you have to do. We are so excited to have you at Belmont and are thinking of all three of you as you make this transition!
Sarah
Post a Comment