1. I was home by myself in my own house for about 2 hours this morning and it occurred to me...this NEVER happens. I am NEVER alone in my own house. Jon and his parents took the kids to a resurrection egg hunt at Yellow Creek, and I stayed home to get familiar with my sermon and it just struck me how I am never here by myself. I am in the car by myself. I spend time in my office at the church by myself. But I am never at home by myself. It was nice. I had work to do this morning, so there was no messing around or doing projects, but I had to wonder what I would do if I didn't have work to do--if I could just putz for two hours in my own house. What would I do? What would you do?
2. My hair is getting way too long. I have to section it out just to dry it well. That is too much hair. Must get cut. Must get thinned. Soon. I know I should be glad for my thick hair. Many women would love it, but for me it gets so old sometimes.
3. Jon and I have the most hideous master bathroom you have ever--EVER--seen. People who have been here know. It's true, isn't it? I won't go into the details lest I offend someone who just put up what we want to tear down, but suffice it to say it is such a massive project to make this bathroom nice that we aren't planning to do it for 5-10 years. So, what to do in the mean time?
Well, we did take down the white picket fence with ivy intertwined in it that used to line our bathtub (I'm not kidding here). But other than that we were prepared to just sit with it--pale pink toilet and all--until we could do a major remodel. Then the other day Jon says, "what if we would just take down the wallpaper? That would make a big difference wouldn't it?" Um, YES! That would make a huge difference. So, we're considering that. I'm excited. The big decision surrounding that project is: do we take down the wallpaper or just paint over it. Since we're planning a major remodel at somepoint I'm tempted to just paint over the paper. Any advice out there?
4. Lent has been so meaningful for me this year. I'm not sure why...not sure what has been so different, but it has just been a really important time of growth for me. Maybe its because I didn't really get to participate in the season last year with Anna being so little. For whatever reason I'm grateful to God and to those who have been leading worship at our church for helping me to enter into the season in such meaningful ways.
5. I'm still not 100% sold on the Shutterfly albums that I wrote about a while back. There is just no good way to put memorabilia in with the photos, which is what I like to do. I like to have as much of the doctor's notes, ticket stubs, artwork etc all in there interspersed within and among the pictures. So I'm considering the Creative Memories PicFolio albums as a happy medium between actual scrapbooking and the Shutterfly books. PicFolios have slots for you to slide in your pix like a traditional photoalbum, but they also have memorabilia pages that you can include in your albums too. Anyone ever used PicFolio albums and have any feedback on them? Are they as user-friendly as they say they are? Are they really faster than scrapbooking?
6. I am 1 pound away from being at my pre-Noah-pregnancy weight. I am so excited. I wasn't sure I'd ever see the day. I know I'm not there yet, and I know it may not last, but I'm really pumped by all my old clothes that I can wear again--new wardrobe without the shopping. But most of all I'm really excited to see if my wedding dress will actually zip up on July 31 (our anniversary when we always take a picture in our wedding attire). It hasn't fully zipped since July 2005 before I was pregnant with Noah. I'll keep you posted on that one.
Thanks for reading. I don't know why I so enjoy sharing my random musings on here. I don't think I'm changing the world or saying anything profound, but I do enjoy it. I think it's a kind of interactive journaling for me or something. Anyway, I enjoy it so thanks for reading and making it feel like I'm not totally writing to the wind. Although that would be fine too.
2 comments:
Oh, Mandy, I love to read your musings! That's great that you got to be home alone for a couple of hrs. Sorry it had to be used up by sermonizing tho & not other activities that you could CHOOSE. I have no advice on the bathroom...I'm not a remodel buff to give out advice. Glad Lent has been so meaningful for you this yr. Gotta admit, I've done nothing for it this yr. :( Don't know why, it just never happened. I'm not disciplined enough I guess. YEAH, about being 1 lb. away...that is exciting to feel like you have a "new" wardrobe when you didn't spend any $$$.
I think blogging is journaling and it's fun to share like that :)
Hope to see pics of your slightly updated bathroom. I've never had to deal with wallpaper - sorry, no advice.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home alone! I usually don't give myself an agenda, but just putter and sew and dream a bit. As I have 2 little children, it doesn't happen often but sometimes my husband will take them two of them to the park and I stay home.
Post a Comment