Anna has her first crush. Seriously. She has this little friend at our church named Eli. And he is cute. But really, a boyfriend. That's what Anna thinks. Here's the story.
On the way to CCYC this morning out of nowhere Anna starts talking about Eli. "Eli, Eli, Eli," she says. "Eli...church...Eli." And on and on it goes....until, as I said, out of nowhere, Anna says, "Eli...boyfriend." What!?! Yes, she said "Eli...Boyfriend." I couldn't believe it. So I asked her, "Anna is Eli your boyfriend?" "Mmmmhmmm," was her reply. Oh my. I couldn't belive it.
Eli and Anna are the closest in age to one another in the church nursery, so Eli's parents and Jon and I joke about arranging a marriage for them etc., but Anna doesn't hear any of this (or so I thought). And it's not like we talk about that at home or anything. I mean, on a Sunday morning we might ask Anna if she's excited to go to church to see her friends and it's Anna who always brings up Eli's name, not us. And we certainly aren't talking with Anna at home about Eli being her boyfriend. Trust me, Jon isn't going to be ready to talk about anyone being Anna's boyfriend for at least another 30 years, and I certainly don't want to put pressure on her to have a boyfriend at any age, but certainly not at 18 months.
But Anna has other plans I guess. Oh well, if she's going to have a boyfriend Eli is a great one. I wonder if this is why she's so concerned with the clothes she's wearing lately. Ha!
1 comment:
Too cute! I'll try not to mention this to Connor. His feelings might be hurt! :)
Post a Comment