Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Year In College

The other week Jon and I realized that Noah is just as close to being in his first year of college as Jon and I are. Yes, Noah is 3 and if the average college frosh is 18 that means he is 15 years from starting college. Jon and I are also 15 years from that first college fall. Wow! That kind of blows my mind. It doesn't blow my mind like the thought of God's amazing love for us or anything, but it does blow my mind a bit. Sometimes it feels like college was just yesterday. It feels like we just met. It feels like freshman orientation was not that long ago. But really, all of these things happened a long time ago--15 years ago to be exact. I mean, can it really be that I am just as close in age to a college frosh as my son is? What? Really?

Again, I know, this isn't mind blowing like philosophy class, but it was an interesting realization for us.

And for a visual, below are pictures of Jon in college in the lab and Mandy in college with her friend Tara in a religion class as well as a recent picture of Noah.






1 comment:

Terah said...

And that high school reunion is just weeks away, which feels really surreal also!