Friday, October 28, 2011

Come to the Fun Fair...

...the everything-in-one fair. Come to the Elkhart County 4 H fair. It is indeed all you need in one stop--yummy if not healthy food, rides, animals, and hours of fun with family and friends. Sure there are things about the fair that are gross, but for the most part I just love watching the kids have a blast. And, really nothing we encounter can't be fixed with a nice hot bath. As in past years, we made more than one trip to the fair this year.

Noah looks unsure here, I realize, but soon after this was taken he was riding around the circle like a regular cowboy.





Both kids went on a real roller coaster that was designed for older kids, but they were allowed to go with an adult, and they both LOVED it!!! Jon and I are both so excited for future trips to amusement parks because we clearly have roller coaster loving kids.



We all went on the Ferris Wheel together too. I thought they would both be afraid of that also, but they weren't.









At several points during our time at the fair this year I was reminded of me and my childhood friend Anthony as I looked at Anna and Noah because there is a classic (and very cute) Mandy and Anthony picture of the two of us driving a car together at the fair when we were about this age (and Anthony was always bigger than me so he looked older even though he wasn't). He lives in a different part of the country now, and I don't see him ever or think of him very often, but I did this week as I watched Noah and Anna. It was fun to think of him and of all the fun sibling-like times we had together as little kids.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

What fun! We did the roller coaster w/Braylon for the 1st time too! And Braylon HAS to do the ferris wheel ride. Braylon did the bumper boats also. Looks like we did lots of same things.