I'm not a huge quote person. I read and reflect just like many of you, but I don't often get very focused in on any one statement or thought or idea--at least not enough to share it with anyone. However, a few quotes have jumped out at me over the last little while in relation to a number of illnesses and tragedies that have touched our family and community. Each of them in their own way reflect a part of what I have been feeling or trying to feel, being or trying to be, thinking or trying to think. Mercy, mercy, mercy.
"I feel like death is closing in from every angle." ~A friend of mine
"Jesus wept." ~The Bible
"Life is not fair, but that does not mean it does not hold beautiful promises." ~Terri Roberts
"Nothing can separate us from the love of God." ~The Bible
"Noah, I love you." ~Anna Schrock
"The only way to respond...is to share love." ~Rachel Gerber
"Cherish the light where you find it." ~A friend of mine
But I think my favorite is from a bike ride one evening last week. Again, seemingly out of nowhere Anna says, "Who made this?"
"Who made what?" I reply.
"All of this," Anna says gesturing her tiny arm widely all around while staring wide-eyed at the sky.
"God," I say.
"Wow!!!" Anna replies with amazement and reverence.
Yes, wow indeed, Anna. So I prayed a spontaneous prayer of thanksgiving for it all--the sky, the trees, the flowers, the sun, the leaves, and then at the end Anna added, "and my bike."
"Yes, Anna, and your bike. Exactly. Amen."
3 comments:
Amen Anna.
Lovely post, Mandy, and so timely. Those words from the mouth of your babe are especially sweet. ~Martha
That's awesome, Anna. Just totally awesome!
Post a Comment