Monday, July 6, 2009
One of THOSE People
Do you ever wonder how some people can look so put together no matter how many kids are hanging all over them and no matter how many transatlantic flights they've just been on? I had this thought as we came back from Florida a few weeks ago as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at the airport looking totally out of sorts. Before seeing myself (hair all but standing straight up, no makeup, crazy clothes) I also saw in the airport a woman with 3 kids following behind her looking straight-out-of-a-magazine perfect. How do these people do it? I thought of it again this weekend as I saw a mom looking quite stylish and put together at a rest stop on the way home from Ohio. And this mom wasn't just clean she was stylin' and profilin'. It just boggles my mind. I know this junk doesn't matter. It doesn't. I know. Really. And I don't really care what I look like for an airplane ride home from Florida, but it does fascinate me. Maybe that's the thing...I don't care and they do. Maybe if I really cared I would try harder to be put together all the time too. Deep thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do look at those people and think wow - since I can't even look cool when it is just me!
By the way, sorry I missed you at convention - I would have loved to say hi!
And, I would rather spend an hour or two with you and your mom than Jimmy Carter anyday! Good job, Thursday night!
I think some people start from the inside out and others start from the outside in. At least maybe that makes me feel better. :)
Post a Comment