
This has been quite the week for Mr. Noah. It all started last Saturday. I was at IN-MI Conference cluster meeting all day, and when I called home to see how things were going with Jon and Noah Jon said, "not good." Noah had been fussy all day and now we know why. On Sunday he just wasn't himself either and by bedtime he was feverish. He kept waking up every hour or so because he was so uncomfortable and around 1 am we clocked his temp at 103.3. Yikes! I know it was higher than that too later on in the night even though we didn't check it again with the thermometer. How do I know you ask? Because I'm his mom! Anyway, so that temp made Noah less than happy with life. He was nearly inconsolable unless I was holding him, so I held him and rocked him a lot of the night. And the rest of the night he slept in the bed with me and then with Jon. We took turns so we could each get some sleep alone. And let me tell ya that hour and a half that I got was beyond refreshing. I felt like a new woman...like I could go out and take on the world. HA! Yes, I got 1.5 hrs of sleep that night. It was a scary reminder of how things were with a wee baby. Anyway, to make a long story a bit shorter, Noah has spent the week being sick. He's had a slight fever and just hasn't been himself all week. Its just so pitiful to see him being so uncomfortable for this long. I've resisted the urge to call the doctor because it doesn't seem like he's THAT sick but maybe I will if he's not better by Monday. So as you might guess we haven't taken any pictures of our little guy all week because...well...there isn't much about a sick child and the way they feel and the way we feel when taking care of him that makes us want to capture the moment forever in a photo. But then today Jon got home early and we went to the little park by our house before taking our evening walk and Noah just LOVED playing on the slide. It was so nice to see his beaming smile again after such a week of pitifulness. So, above is Noah at the top of the slide before scooting himself to the edge to slide down. And don't worry we don't let him slide down by himself. We just let go of him long enough to snap this pic with Jon's phone. Well, that's enough for this week. I hope those of you reading are well and if you're not, we feel your pain.
1 comment:
Sorry your little guy was not feeling well. Hope he gets better. Aren't you all coming house shopping this weekend? I need to call you and chat again. Life has been a little hectic here. Nothing big, just life. I have not seen much of anyone though.
Post a Comment