Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Gratitude

One year ago at this time (11:17 pm) I was exactly three hours away from giving birth to Noah (2:17 am). It had been a long day of labor and we were so excited to meet our little boy. Tonight I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for this little angel that has come to live with us. I am grateful that we were able to eventually conceive him. I'm grateful that the pregnancy went well. I'm grateful that the birth process, though somewhat scary, had the result of a live, healthy, baby boy. I am grateful that Noah continues to be healthy. I'm grateful that we've managed to keep him alive for an entire year. I'm grateful that I've had this past year to love and get to know Noah. Basically I am just grateful all around. I take none of this for granted. Happy Birthday in a few minutes, Noah. I want to come in and give you a birthday kiss, but I'll let you sleep.

2 comments:

beth said...

Happy Birthday Noah! What a lucky little boy you are. Can you guys believe this is how our parents feel about us too? Amazing.

Yoder Schrock Family said...

Thanks Beth! You are so right...finally understanding exactly how much our parents love us is amazing. I'm pretty sure I didn't fully appreciated the depth of God's love until Noah either. That's pretty darn cool too!!!