Thursday, March 6, 2008

Noah's Second 1st Birthday Party

NOAH IS ONE TODAY!!! I am so excited. To start off this great day Noah and I woke up in the same bed. He wouldn't go back to sleep when he awoke around 2 am until he was in bed with me so Jon hit the couch and Noah and I cuddled the night away. I always hate to see Jon leave for the couch when this kind of thing happens (he just doesn't sleep as well with Noah in the bed), but I was delighted to have the wee birthday boy beside me for as much of his special day as possible. Then when we got to Kauffman's this morning they had a lovely gift for him and the kids all told him Happy Birthday. Then after work I couldn't get to pick him up fast enough, and when we got home we took a walk as a family and made it home just in time to find one of our dinner guests on our doorstep. We had made plans to eat supper with friends Nate, Sara, and Mike and since it was Noah's actual birthday we also turned it into a little bit of a celebration. We ordered pizza (cheese sticks for Noah) and had a lovely time together just talking, laughing, listening to Noah's vocal enthusiasm and watching him NOT enjoy the cake.


Noah the big 1 year old boy first thing this morning--his birthday. Check out all of the head bruises. Poor little guy has been falling a lot as he gets this walking thing down to an art.



Loving the conversation...

...and the food (cheese sticks all gone)...

...but...

...not so much loving the cake.


Reading with "Uncle" Nate


Reading with "Aunt" Sara and Mike


The happy family on this very special day.
***Note: Make sure to check below the "Gratitude" post to see another new post on Noah's first 1st birthday party with Grandma June and Grandpa John. It didn't post where I wanted it to, but it is new as of today so check it out if you want to.

No comments: