Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Noah's Third 1st Birthday Party

Noah's third and final birthday party was this past weekend when Grandpa Tom, Grandma Ruth and Uncle Matt came to Indy. We had a great day together just hanging out and celebrating Noah's life.

Here Noah reads a book with Grandpa Tom and he seems to really be enjoying it...

...here Noah reads a book with Uncle Matt and apparently Matt's not expressive enough or something b/c Noah is clearly tuning out. Ha!

Here we are at dinner ready to celebrate the birthday boy!

Noah poses by his lovely cake that his Great Aunt Barb made for him (Jon's aunt). It was so cute and so tasty. Thanks a ton Barb. If you saw the pathetic excuse for a cake that I made Noah on Thursday you would REALLY be glad you gave us the Elmo cake.

But even with this fun and tasty cake Noah still had no interest in eating it. He just tried to feed his dad instead.


Uncle Matt redeemed himself from the lousy story reading (kidding) by getting Noah a gift he could hardly wait to get out of the box. It was a little xylophone/piano thing and Noah just loves it. I think this picture of Matt and Noah is so dear--they are so cute looking at each other with those big loving grins on their faces. A mutual admiration society for sure!
And here Noah plays with his farm set--a gift from Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Tom. He really seems to like it also. When you open the doors it makes different animal sounds and Noah is really into making the "sheep sound." If I had a nickel for every time I said, "how does the sheep go?" I'd be rich. Anyway, he seems to like moving the animals and the farmer around. I just can't even tell you how amazed I am lately how well Noah can just sit and play and entertain himself "like a big boy." I mean I really do feel like my baby is gone most of the time. He has his moments but for the most part he seems more like a boy than a baby--playing with real toys, wanting to walk alone without holding Mommy's hand (even outside on the sidewalk). Can it really be that just a year ago he couldn't even smile?

No comments: