Sunday, March 2, 2008

Today Noah Blew My Mind Again...Twice

Today, Sunday, March 2, 2008 as Noah and I finished reading a book before bed he got really squirmy and wanted to get off my lap. I was a bit annoyed, but I let him down and wouldn't you know he toddled over to his bookshelf and pulled off a book that he likes featuring Elmo and puppies and then toddled back to me holding the book out to me while looking at me as if to say, "Mommy could you please read this one next?" Thankfully Jon was right in the doorway to verify what just happened because I might have doubted that what I saw was real...but it was. So I picked the little guy up and read him the Elmo lift-the-flap book. And then...he got squirmy again and wanted down. And again he walked to the bookshelf and grabbed a book (The Wheels on the Bus) and brought it back to me in his little hand at the end of his little outstretched arm. Again he just blew my mind. Jon and I looked at each other in utter disbelief. But there was no time for the angels to sing and the light to shine on us all. Noah wanted to read so with a raspy voice (I've been sick this weekend) I sang, "The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round" but truth be told I still had a pretty stunned look and an enormous smile on my face.

No comments: